We are currently offering a discount on our listed fees – call 289-633-3772 for details
Our comprehensive diploma in Food Service Worker is specifically designed to prepare you for a rewarding career in the food industry. With the support and cooperation of experts, we have developed a curriculum that equips you with the knowledge and skills necessary to become a valuable member of the dietary team, making a positive impact in your chosen food service setting.
The duration of the Food Service Worker Diploma is 22 weeks.
Our program incorporates a transformative 120 hours internship, providing invaluable hands-on experience to ignite your career.
This dynamic internship component is designed to equip you with the practical skills and knowledge necessary to thrive in the field. By immersing yourself in a real-world environment, you will gain the much-needed experiential learning required to launch your career with confidence and success.
Expand Your Skill Set & Knowledge
Request Information! Food Service Worker Diploma
The Food Service Worker (FSW) program is meticulously designed to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge required for employment in hospitals, cafeterias, catering companies, and other food service establishments. Graduates of the program may also find opportunities in diverse settings such as restaurants, cafes, hotels, fast food outlets, and hospitals.
Throughout the program, students acquire a comprehensive skill set and knowledge base that aligns with industry regulations and expectations. These skills are essential for assuming roles and responsibilities relevant to their positions or titles within the food service industry.
Why Pursue Our Food Service Worker Program?
Pursuing a Food Service Worker Diploma offers numerous benefits and opportunities for those interested in the food service industry.
- Relevant and In-Demand Skills: The program provides specific knowledge and skills required to advance your career in food service. You can gain expertise which is in demand and highly valued within the industry by focusing on food safety, therapeutic diets, menu planning, and nutrition.
- Employment Opportunities: Food service workers play a significant role in providing nourishing meals to residents and patients in this continually growing healthcare industry. This program will open doors to a wide range of employment opportunities including retirement homes, long-term care facilities, hospitals and more. Besides, you may also seek potential jobs in catering companies, cafeterias, hotels, restaurants and other food service establishments.
- Flexibility and Transferable Skills: The skills you will acquire during the program are transferable to different industries and settings. It allows you the flexibility to go above and beyond, such as catering, hospitality, and event management, or if you want to start your own business in the food service industry.
- Supportive Learning Environment: We foster a supportive and inclusive learning environment where students from diverse backgrounds can thrive. Our staff is committed to your success and will provide guidance and support throughout your journey.
Prospects & Employment Areas
The employment prospects for food service workers are generally positive due to the consistent demand for their services in healthcare and other sectors. As a Food Service Worker, you can expect a dynamic work environment, opportunities for career growth, and the satisfaction of making a positive impact on people's dining experiences. Whether you choose to work in a bustling restaurant, a healthcare facility, or any other food service establishment, your skills will be in demand.
Moreover, the skills acquired during the program, such as food safety, menu planning, and customer service, are transferable to different industries. This versatility allows food service workers to explore opportunities in hospitality, event management, and entrepreneurship.
With experience and additional training, food service workers can advance to supervisory or management positions within their respective fields. There may also be opportunities to specialize in areas such as nutrition consulting or culinary arts.
ASSOCIATED NATIONAL OCCUPATION CLASSIFICATION (NOC) CODES
After completing a Diploma in Food Service Worker, you may be eligible for positions falling under the following National Occupation Classification (NOC) code:
NOC – 6711
Graduates may find employment as:
- Food Service Helper
- Dietary Aide
- Catering Assistant
- Hospital Tray Carrier
- Hospital Meal Attendant
- Food Service Worker
- Restaurant Server
- Cafeteria Attendant
- Catering Assistant
- Fast Food Team Member
- Hospital Food Service Worker
- Food Prep Worker
- Kitchen Assistant
- Airline Food Assembler
- Meal Attendant in Hospital
- Counter Attendant Cafeteria
- Food Preparer
- Kitchen Helper
- Sandwich Maker
- Ice Cream Counter Attendant
- Salad Bar Attendant
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Communication and Social Skills
- Food Service Management
- Medical Emergencies
- Ethics of Health & Nutrition
- First Aid and CPR
- Job Search Skills
Discover your passion for food, develop valuable skills, and open doors to a wide range of employment opportunities
Contact us today to learn more and take the first step towards a rewarding future as a Food Service Worker
Your future is waiting at Peel College. Come, visit us and take charge of your career!
Mississauga, ON L5T 2N5
Our campus is easily accessible by public transit
You can follow us on different social media platforms and get updated with all the latest news and information about our college.